Drinking In... Búzios
Nightlife lovers, do yourself a favor and get yourself to Búzios. Brazil is not just Rio and São Paulo after all. Located in the state of Rio de Janeiro and a quick trip from Rio, this city (whose official name is Armação dos Búzios) has less than 25,000 residents but draws international tourists 365 days of years. Maybe it's the iconic imagery of Brigitte Bardot on the peninsula in Buzios that entices guests here, maybe it's the friendly Brazilians who welcome visitors with open arms, maybe it's the idyllic ocean surroundings or maybe it's the action packed nightlife. Whatever your reason is for going, the combo of all these factors makes Búzios an unforgettable destination. Once you do get here, get yourself to Rua das Pedras where practically everything nightlife related is located, and follow this itinerary.
1. Pátio Havana is a great starter joint with its chillax jazz music (or live Brazilian bands and samba performances depending on the day), its rich cocktail and wine lists, its cigar room and chic décor which competes with the stunning ocean view.
2. Fishbone is the surfer's hangout of Búzios, so think tan, built Brazilians in little clothing and you've summed up the crowd. This is the perfect place to relax before heading to the bustling nightclubs. But keep in mind that "relaxing" the Brazilian way is what many other cultures would consider to be partying. Brazilians don't half-ass anything so their chill bar is one where you can still expect to see anything happen and make no less than 30 new friends to take the night on with. So with new friends at hand, watch the sun set on the beach with a fruity cocktail or a Brazilian beer.
3. Pacha has a worldwide reputation for being a party capital. The club has an indoor and outdoor space, the outdoor with awe-inspiring vistas of the beach. And like its Ibiza counterpart, Pacha is not to be missed. International DJs, an ideal dance floor with killer sound system are to be expected but here add a constant flow of caipirinhas and all those model-worthy Brazilians and you've got yourself a club you may never want to leave. Seen below is Pacha and a whole lotta gorgeous locals for a runway show held in the center of the dance floor.
4. Privilege is a celeb hangout and of course, another hotspot for drop dead gorgeous people. A huge dancefloor gets filled with revelers and the upstairs VIP section filled with cocktail drinking enthusiasts. Try any of the slew listing a fruit you've never heard of before, that's the beauty of being in Brazil. Payment for drinks is a bit different here, a credit card will be created for you and you'll charge away on your own personal account from there on out... unless of course that is, you're invited to drink on the account of someone else.
5. Chez Michou is where to end your evening or start the next morning depending on how you view it. This isn't the place to drink, you're done with that by now and need something to replenish yourself. Do that here with a delicious crepe, salty or sweet, whatever your pleasure.