My 5 Favorite Things: Anjhe Mules
Creating activewear that looks fashionable yet preserves its function is no easy feat, but with her masterfully constructed line Lucas Hugh, Anjhe Mules does exactly that. Mules' supremely wearable clothing can take you anywhere from running in the park, to attending an event to travelling the globe. Travel has played an integral part in her designs — Mules named her most recent collection after New York City, featuring the skyline on pants, tops and sports bras (check out the gallery below). The New Zealand designer has traveled to 65 countries and we spoke to her about her favorite places to see around the globe.
1. New Zealand. That's where I am from and obviously my family is there. I like to just go to the beach when I'm there — there is no mobile phone coverage and I can just relax. There are the most amazing places to walk or run — all of the beaches in the Bay of Islands are beautiful.
2. New York. I love the shopping in New York. I go to Barney's or Bergdorf's. Downtown there's lots of cute boutiques. I love the energy of the city because everyone is there for a purpose. I love the bars and the clubs. I also love to exercise, I run on the Highline and in the park.
3. Ibiza. I usually go on a boat, you can sail to Formentera and the water is so blue. There are DJs throughout the day and people dancing into the night. I usually try to go there twice a year. It's really chic.
4. St. Tropez. The old town is so pretty and they have great shoe stores. There are great places to party but it's also really beautiful.
5. London. There is nothing like coming home. I used to travel two weeks a month and the best thing would be to come back to London. You have all of your favorite bars and cafés. I like to go to Sketch and Soho House.