My 5 Favorite Things: DJ Katie Conxita
For the past five years, Katie Jacques, otherwise known as DJ Katie Conxita has been living in Berlin and tearing up dance floors across the German capital. The Oklahoma-native is a burst of brightness at any party, whether it be from the hue of her hair to the blend of pop, retro hits, house and electronica music that she plays from behind the decks. Her talents have brought her to share bills with electronic chanteuse Planningtorock as well as Joel Gibb of the Hidden Cameras in addition to regularly booking dates in other European metropolises. This past winter she launched her own club night in Berlin called Dirty Dancing. Staged at notorious club and karaoke hotspot Monster Ronson's, the event brought together DJs, live electronic acts, theatrics and more. At any given gig, you can expect her to turn up well-dressed in themed costume, rocking flamboyant makeup and the best in retro glasses. Here she shares her five favorite things that could easily double for a guide to a good night out.
1. Favorite shade of hair color right now: I'm really into all-natural hair shades right now. It may look plain at first, but actually the strands can really vary in color when you look closer and natural hair shines in a different way than colored hair. But yeah, blue works too!
2. Favorite outfit to wear: A solid-color silk button down shirt tucked into regular-waist light-denim original Levi's 501's, my beloved seven-inch high platform sneakers with a marvelous pair of earrings, orgasm blush and a spritz of candy perfume.
3. Must have accessory for a night out: At the moment? My long ponytail clip-in hair extension. It takes every outfit to the next level and puts me in the perfect mood for going out!
4. Favorite song to drop into a DJ playlist: Steffi feat. Virgina's "Yours"!!! I love uplifting music.
5. Favorite cocktail: It's not really a cocktail, but right now I'm addicted to "Sekt (German sparkling wine) with Cranberry Juice!" It's fresh, it's light and I love the buzz you get from a little bubbly!