My 5 Favorite Things: DJ Kentaro
Japan's DJ Kentaro is one of the most skilled turtablists in the world, and he's gradually evolved into an impressive producer since releasing his debut album on Ninja Tune in 2007 which featured tracks with Spank Rock and The Pharcyde. Kentaro just delivered his second full-length album, Contrast, boasting collaborations with Foreign Beggars and Matrix & Futurebound and sporting a sound that embraces dubstep and bass music. Fresh from an appearance at Fuji Rock, Kentaro shares his five favorite things about Japan.
1. Fuji Rock Festival. I performed at Fuji Rock four times in the past, and I just did my set on white stage last month.
2. Kyoto. It's the most beautiful city in Japan!
3. Sendai. Sendai is the city where I grew up; it has lots of memories for me.
4. BASSCAMP. BASSCAMP is the festival I throw in Tokyo every six months at this mega venue called ageHa. The next one is around Christmas.
5. Suzubun. Deep fried breaded pork at the best tonkatsu restaurant in Tokyo.