My 5 Favorite Things: Electrosexual
From his bedroom studio abode, French house producer Electrosexual crafts tantalizing electronic music, fit for the dance floor and able to add a pulse to any hazy night. Hailing from Toulouse, the Frenchman has called Berlin home for the past three years. He has collaborated with Peaches, Robots in Disguise, Shunda K of hip-hop duo Yo Majesty and members of Austra, on original tracks and remixes. Under the Electrosexual alias, he performs his own music live as well as DJs frequently, both around the German capital and abroad. His live dates take him on planes and trains all over Europe at regular intervals. Below he fills us in on his five favorite things.
1. Favorite music format: I really love vinyl, both 12" and 7" of course because of the special sound and the scratches but as well for the picture sleeve: I always read all the credits as I would read a book!
2. Favorite remix: I love remixes in general, because they re-invent a song, they sometimes bring a new life to it, and it is also a very fun exercise to do. I would give my preference to the Blackstrobe remix of Depeche Mode's "Something To Do." I love the hypnotism and the new dimension it gives to the original track.
3. Favorite travel accessory: Audiobooks in my MP3 player, the last one was Laurent Garnier's Electroshock, in the airplane it is a must!
4. Favorite way to spend a day in Berlin: In the summertime, I like to go for a swim with friends in the lake, and after eating a "Halumi" in the park, going dancing in some of my favourite spots or DJing some of the songs I just created the same week.
5. Favorite bar/club in Berlin: I love Katerholzig, it is a place that really symbolizes Berlin with a lot of contradictions, it is somehow beautiful and scary, violent and soft, ephemeral and permanent