My 5 Favorite Things: Jeremie Khlat
Jeremie Khlat is a man about town, keeping crowds dancing through his skills on the decks at multiple clubs in Paris. His main joint? Le Montana, the Studio 54-emulating club run by Andre Saraiva and Purple Magazine's Olivier Zahm, where he oversees the musical programing and acts as a resident DJ. You can also catch him regularly DJing at the Chacha club, Le Baron, the Ritz in Paris and at the Jane Hotel in New York. But his life isn't merely about the music, it's about fashion too. Khlat got his start at Jalouse magazine before making the jump to the DJ booth. He still keeps a steady foot in the industry, DJing fashion week parties in Paris and New York (like GrandLife's This is New York party earlier this month) and parties for the fashion elite, for the likes of Chanel, Dior, Vivienne Westwood and Kate Moss' birthday last year. We caught him in a moment of downtime and asked him to tell us his five favorite things.
1. Favorite drink: Wine. I am drinking wine quiet often. In France it's like beer for America. However, I mostly drink vodka at night.
2. Favorite club in Paris: Montana. I am running the music there and it's like my second home. It's been few years now that I've considered it to be the best club in town for many reasons.
3. Favorite crowd: Definitely a fashion crowd. People are dressed well, dance like crazy and feel the music I love. More remixes, more modern and more taste.
4. Favorite website: I spend a lot of time on the Internet to find cool music or fashion blogs. I really like the site of Magic magazine. It's really indie and has news every day of new collaborations/albums coming out soon.
5. Favorite way to spend a Sunday: Well, Sunday for me is the day I never DJ, or almost never! I just love to chill, have drinks in St. Germain des Pres, go to see a movie and sleep more than usual. I might not be against spending a Sunday in NY by the way... just [to] have drinks with friends in Brooklyn or something.