My 5 Favorite Things: Sibling
Sibling is the knitwear design trio making sweaters and cardigans cool again on the London scene. Cozette McCreery, Sid Bryan and Joe Bates bring their own unique style and panache to the world of knitwear. We caught up with the trendy trio while they were prepping their latest collection for London Fashion Week to find out what their five favorite things are:
1. Dog-Shaming.com. Here frustrated owners are given the chance to out their dog's behavior often with an image of the accused looking dead guilty. To quote Joe [Bates], "It's what the Internet was made for," and in the stressful run-up to London Fashion Week has us in stitches. By the way, Sid [Bryan] and Joe's dog Mycroft could have its own chapter/spin-off series on this.
2. Family Guy versus American Dad. Sid and Joe love Family Guy, and Cozette is crazy about Roger the Alien but both cartoons from the Seth MacFarlane stable have the thumbs up from us.
3. Poly Styrene. Poly from X Ray Specs was a starting point for the Spring/Summer 13 Sister collection and so deserves a place on this list. Just love the way she takes second-hand, old lady twinsets and makes them fun and punky. Let's be honest — that's the Sibling aesthetic down to a T, isn't it?
4. Naff Radio Stations. Absolute '80s, Absolute '90s, Heart, Magic... If there is a bit of pop, disco or a good old-fashioned "Let's sing-a-long to Bonnie Tyler" ballad being played, we are THERE. Joe would like to state that he'd be listening privately to Grace Jones on his iPod at this point. Sid is busying busting moves to Whitney [Houston] while knitting.
5. Cheese. No, not more radio stations and bubblegum pop — actual cheese. From Neal's Yard Dairy to be precise. Good chunk of cheddar, two slices of "posh" bread, tomatoes and Heinz salad creme (or mayo if we are feeling very fancy), and we are three happy bunnies.