My 5 Favorite Things: Blake and Logan of B.Lo Jewelry
Blake Anthony Hardy and Logan Stanton, super couple and designers of B.Lo Jewelry, call Atwater Village home. Hardy, who attended the Art Academy of Cincinnati, met Stanton in 2008 at a photo shoot where they were both models. Two years later, in the summer of 2010, B.Lo Jewelry was born. What began with a genuine love of making jewelry eventually turned into their niche. The couple finds pieces for their unique one-offs all over the world but their Fall/Winter Collection will be manufactured primarily in Los Angeles. Here, the designers dish on their favorite places to shop, eat, and hang out in their hip neighborhood located just next door to Silver Lake.
1. Individual Medley: Our favorite store in Atwater. A young couple owns and operates it and they have such good taste it makes us jealous haha. Needless to say if we want to go to a boutique in 90039, it is the best choice.
2. Los Feliz Municipal Golf Course: This is our favorite random activity and is located on Los Feliz Blvd. in Atwater. You pretty much need a pitching wedge, a putter, and no experience. The course is very easy and very, very small. A lot of people think it is mini golf but it is an actual nine hole course. They've got a great little bar/restaurant and you can complete the course in about an hour if it isn't busy. Fun, easy exercise.
3. Big Foot Lodge: Our favorite bar is also on Los Feliz Boulevard in Atwater. It has a Boy Scout vibe with a real sense of community. They've got some tasty little drinks and good music. Ask for Bob, tell him we sent you.
4. Atwater Farm: This is our favorite place to go when it’s not Sunday and there isn’t a farmers market. A lot of the farmers who attend the farmers market also sell to Atwater Farm. Everything is well maintained and organically grown. We wish there were more options like this for other neighborhoods in L.A. and big cities in general.
5. The Vista Theater: They only show one movie at a time; the theater has these huge rows with plenty of legroom and it makes you feel very comfortable not having someone breathe down your neck. The decor is art deco with an Egyptian theme; it's wonderful. In fact, we usually go to Vista after Figaro Bistro (a great French restaurant in the area), good date night material!