My 5 Favorite Things: Jesse Waits
Las Vegas nightlife impresario Jesse Waits is the managing partner for Tryst nightclub at Wynn Las Vegas and XS nightclub at Encore. Running two of the most premium nightclubs in the heart of Sin City boasting superstar DJs and chic clientele is undoubtedly a 24/7 proposition. But judging by his five favorite things, Waits certainly knows when to hit the off switch.
1. Favorite vacation spot: Hawaii. I spent a few years growing up in Hawaii with my family, and I returned when I was 19 to find clarity in what I wanted out of life. It was there that I really found my path and created a plan for my future. I love to go back every year and spend time outdoors whether it be surfing, fishing, or diving.
2. Favorite music: Electronic. I have been a fan of dance music for as long as I can remember, but what these artists have done to push through to the mainstream especially in the last year is an incredible feat. They are the new rock stars. If you were to steal my iPod, you would find it filled with Tiësto, Afrojack, deadmau5, Avicii, Swedish House Mafia, Calvin Harris, Alesso, R3HAB… It’s the best of the best.
3. Favorite activity: Dinner with friends. My favorite spot for dinner with a big group is Botero. It’s a contemporary steakhouse inside Encore at Wynn Las Vegas, and offers a great vibe paired with amazing food. It’s located just a few feet away from XS and is always buzzing with beautiful people and unparalleled energy before a big night out.
4. Favorite relaxation tactic: Long plane rides. I love to be on a long flight, anywhere up to twelve hours, where I get to turn my phone off and relax. It feels like meditation for me and is when I’m most at peace.
5. Favorite person: Cy Waits. There is always a unique bond between brothers, but when you are identical twins, it’s only enhanced. He’s been by my side my entire life, and there is no one I look to more as a confidant and friend.