My 5 Favorite Things: Michelle Siwy
Michelle Siwy developed her namesake denim label in New York City and has not slowed down since the first collection launched in 2005. She stays busy designing four collections a year for Siwy Denim and commuting back and forth between Los Angeles and New York. Siwy’s vintage inspired designs can be seen on the bottom halves of celebrities such as Kate Moss, Nicole Richie and Sienna Miller and found in popular online stores Revolve Clothing and Singer22 in addition to brick-and-mortar stores across the country. Siwy takes a break from sales meetings and sketching to tell us what she loves most in life.
1. Nail Art: My style is pretty classic with jeans and a cool loose tee, so I always try to step it up by taking care of my nails with beautiful art. I feel a little more like myself by hinting at my style through this kind of detail finishing.
2. YSL Rouge Pur-13 Le Orange lipstick: It’s an orange-red with a fresh, youthfulness. If this were the only make-up on your face, you have a healthy glow.
3. Tree Houses: When I grow up, I want a place I can escape to and be creative in, away from the rest of the world.
4. Jay-Z: He really inspires me to be strong and smart about things we face day-to-day. I think everything good and motivating I’ve ever learned was through some Jay-Z lyric.
5. Prince: My dog is the cutest, sweetest and fluffiest Pomeranian. I take him everywhere I go.