My 5 Favorite Things: Mikey Koffman
Mikey Koffman is the founder of The Gallery Los Angeles and executive producer of L.A. Fashion Weekend. An expert at creating runway shows, Koffman has produced defilées in L.A., Las Vegas, and New York City, which eventually led her to start The Gallery Los Angeles, a marketing and event production company. You may also recognize Koffman from TV appearances as a fashion expert, stylist and the cast of The Real L Word. We asked this L.A. mover and shaker what her five favorite things.
1. My Gallery Girls. No, not the new Bravo TV show. I work with a small team at The Gallery Los Angeles and I couldn't do what I do without them! They put up with a lot of bullshit, so that I don't have to. My girls are like my family, and make me so happy to come to work every day.
2. Blinged-out Safir Bow Ties. These are my signature style piece for LAFW this season. I do every show wearing a rhinestone studded bow tie that Safir Designs custom creates for me. One time, someone stole my bow tie before a show and I was absolutely crushed, but thanks to one of my super-sleuth colleagues, we identified the thief and the bow tie was dropped off to me first thing in the morning. That's another reason why I love my Gallery Girls!
3. Xen Lounge. I've been going to Xen since it opened because one of my good friends, Marie, runs it. They have an amazing menu and treat everyone like they're the most important customer they've ever had.
4. Skulls. They're just bad ass, and they always will be.
5. Honest People. You meet and work with a ton of misleading people in Hollywood, so it's hard to find people you trust. I feel like I've done a good job over the years to surround myself with honest, hard-working people who have my back and in return, I would do anything for. My motto is that if people just do what they say they're going to do when they're supposed to do it, everything would be perfect.