My 5 Favorite Things: Damian Rojo And Ash Rana Of Rana Rojo
Designer duo Damian Rojo and Ash Rana of Rana Rojo wowed the audience at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Miami with their collection "Swim Vixen Swim," showcasing swimwear reminiscent of '50’s undergarments, orientalism and '60’s film femme fatales. Drawing from Rana's Nepalese heritage and Rojo's Cuban background they intrigued the eye with their colorful, exotic collection. Société Perrier asked these Miami tastemakers about their favorite places in their city.
1. Restaurants: We like Mi Colombia for our sancocho and chicharron fix, and Sugarcane in Midtown Miami for their tapas and raw bar.
2. Bars: Club Deuce is our favorite club in South Beach; The Happy Stork on 71 Street, Causeway and Churchills Pub in Little Haiti. These are our three favorite dives where class is a dirty word.
3. Hotel: We recommend The Standard, Miami Beach, because it has a relaxed atmosphere with great design, lush gardens and a full-service spa.
4. Pool: The pool at The Raleigh, South Beach is always a good time. It has a great mix of people and is surprisingly low-key for a high-profile property.
5. Place to Relax: The gardens at Disgraceland, the home base and studio for Rana Rojo.