My 5 Favorite Things: Gerry Kelly
Nightlife king Gerry Kelly has a lot to celebrate lately. Not only does he continue to be the undisputed ambassador of Miami good times, but he's celebrating a milestone birthday with a no-holds barred extravaganza at Trio on the Bay on June 23. The former couture fashion designer has a lot to be thankful for over the years as his success has prospered well beyond his European club beginnings, having gone on to open such legendary nightlife hubs such as Bash, Shadow Lounge and Liquid with a long roster of A-list party-goers filing in and out over the years. On the event of his upcoming birthday, Kelly tells us some of the things that have been most important to his life and success.
1. The British Monarchy: Steeped in tradition, pomp and circumstance, and where Queen Elizabeth reigns supreme as the world head of state.
2. Google: All you need to know about everything and everyone.
3. 60 Minutes: Real investigative journalism where nothing is off limits.
4. The City Of Miami & Miami Beach: A metropolis of culture arts, entertainment and nightlife... a city that I owe a ton of gratitude to.
5. The GK Backbone: My Two Life Long Friends: Kenneth Patterson, whose unconditional love and support taught me to appreciate the real meaning of life, love and happiness and TV personality Tara Gilani, whose life-long friendship and work catapulted me and so many others to career success. I love you both.