Société Perrier 14-Month Anniversary DJ Mix: Midnight Moroders Feat. Induce
With a hip-hop scene that's spawned 2 Live Crew to SpaceGhostPurrp, a thriving club community known for house legends like Murk to new jacks Afrobeta as well as a thriving Latin music culture, Miami is home to many influential DJs and musical acts. Earlier in the summer we heard some advance music from local Miami beatmaster Induce and immediately had to connect with him. Brandishing a retro-futuristic style embracing R&B, soul, electronic and pop, Induce's upcoming album, Halfway Between You and Me, is rooted in classic sounds of the past yet always feels like it's looking forward.
"I just really appreciate the history of music and where influences collide to create new forms," he told us in a recent Locally Grown feature.
We asked Induce to craft a special 14-track session for the Société Perrier website's 14-month anniversary (he was so excited that he added two for good measure), and boy did he come through. This 79-minute mix featuring nuggets by Neil Young, Plastic Bertrand and Giorgio Moroder was recorded live and only original vinyl records were used.
1. Pink Project – "Disco Project"
2. Cat Gang – "Locomotive Breath"
3. Gaz Nevada – "I.C. Love Affair"
4. Plastic Bertrand – "Tout Petit La Planete"
5. Giorgio Moroder – "Evolution"
6. Don Ray – "Standing In The Rain"
7. Patrick Cowley – "Menergy"
8. Julius Brown – "Party" (Instrumental)
9. The New York Models – "Love On Video"
10. Sex Band – "What A Difference A Day Makes"
11. Neil Young – "Computer Age"
12. Beach Boys – "Here Comes The Night" (Midnight Moroders Exclusive Edit)
13. Harry Thumann – "Underwater" (Midnight Moroders Exclusive Edit)
14. Magnifique – "Magnifique"
15. Maxine Dee – "I Need A Man"
16. Giorgio Moroder – "Valley Of The Dolls" (Instrumental)