My 5 Favorite Things: Larry Tee
DJ/producer/songwriter Larry Tee is the guy that wrote RuPaul's five-million selling song "Supermodel (You Better Work)", coined the term "electroclash," and started the party infamous Disco 2000 party featured in the movie Party Monster. He's also waxed songs with hitmakers Afrojack, Sean Garrett, Shontelle, Princess Superstar, and Santigold. His songs have also appeared on recent films Get Him To The Greek and the Hall Pass. Currently based in London, we caught up with Mr. Tee and asked him about his five favorite things.
1. Sunday activity: I'm living in London now, so Sunday for me means rolling out of bed and grabbing a snack at the Up Market on Brick Lane, where all the trendy kids gets their vintage catches and then walking over to a friends' house near the flower market!
2. Nightclub: Nothing is quite like East Bloc, which the the latest East Side venue to have a good straight/gay mixed crowd! It's gritty and has murals inspired by Leigh Bowery and Kieth Haring...what were they thinking?
3. Bar: God, I haven't had a drink in 14 years thanks to NA/AA, but for bars there is nothing quite like Ladyfag's New York night below the Chelsea Hotel. Actually nothing is quite like LADYFAG!
4. Vacation: Well, I am writing this from Ibiza where it is hard to imagine anything more amazing, but Rio probably has the largest wow quotient of any vacation place I have ever been. Just geographically, there really isn't many places more spectacular!
5. Tour Stop: Tokyo! Bangkok is definitely the spot for a tour break when I am in the East because I like to EAT. I got trapped in the food court of a trashy shopping mall there, because every time I tried to leave, another amazing food item appeared for me to try!
Images by Eric Phillips and Matthew Brindle