My 5 Favorite Things: Spencer Product
Spencer Product has been an ever-present fixture in the New York nightlife scene for over a decade and has spent most of the time at the center of it all. He's spearheaded a number of integral club nights including Berliniamsburg and Mutants in collaboration with the legendary Larry Tee, before moving onto launch We Bite! and Ruff Club which drew him wide acclaim. As a DJ, late-night revelers can find him at a myriad of clubs citywide like the Standard Hotel, the Flat and Fig 19. He's frequently booked internationally, playing in clubs and at after-parties in Barcelona and Paris each fashion season. In addition to continuing to DJ, his creativity also encompasses sound design and performance. He now divides his time across New York mostly in the Lower East Side, Williamsburg and the Meatpacking district. We caught up with him to find out his five favorite things.
1. Favorite song to hype up a crowd: "I Love It" by Icona Pop is the hype track du jour. This of course always changes... and old time favorite that never goes out of style would be "Sunny" by Boney M.
2. Favorite cocktail: My favorite cocktail is Belvedere Vodka and Perrier with a twist of lime. Soothes the palette for great party making.
3. Favorite NY venue: Call me old fashioned, but my favorite place to party in NY is a private loft or penthouse. Different experiences always occur that don't happen anywhere else.
4. Favorite piece of technology: My favorite piece of technology is my Swatch watch, it's been with me since the '80s and it's still ticking, and it's so dated it's back in style again!
5. Favorite designer: Hedi Slimane, regardless of what brand he works for, he injects his amazing vision and style into it. His designs always looks like the best party in town.
Image by Jamie Isaia